Welcome to TOP&LIST (the “Platform”). The Platform is provided and controlled by TOP&LIST Community. (“TOP&LIST”, “we” or “us”).
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains our practices concerning the personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us. If you do not agree with this policy, you should not use the Platform.
If you have any questions about how we use your personal information, please contact [email protected].
What information do we collect about you?
As set forth in Section 1 below, we collect and process information you give us (including email addresses) when you create an account and upload content to the Platform. We automatically collect information concerning your access and use of the Platform; this includes technical and behavioural information about your access and use of the Platform, as well as location information. We collect User Content through pre-loading at the time of creation, import, or upload, regardless of whether you choose to save or upload that User Content. We also automatically collect information about you if you download the app and/or interact with the Platform without creating an account.
How will we use the information about you?
We use your information to provide the Platform to you and to improve and administer it. We use your information to, among other things, show you suggestions in the ‘For You’ feed, improve and develop the Platform and ensure your safety. Where appropriate, we will also use your personal information to serve you targeted advertising and promote the Platform.
Who do we share your information with?
We share your information with third party service providers who help us to deliver the Platform, such as cloud storage providers. We also share your information with business partners, other companies in the same corporate group as TOP&LIST, content moderation services, measurement providers, advertisers, and analytics providers. Where and when required by law, we will share your information with law enforcement agencies or regulators, and with third parties pursuant to a legally binding court order.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We retain your information for as long as it is necessary to provide you with the service or as may be required by law. Where we do not need your information in order to provide the service to you, we retain it only as long as we have a legitimate business purpose in keeping such information or where we are subject to a legal obligation to retain the information. We will also retain your information if we believe it is or will be necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
We will generally notify all users of any material changes to this policy through a notice on our Platform. However, you should look at this policy regularly to check for any changes. We will also update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this policy, which reflects the effective date of such policy. By accessing or using the Platform, you acknowledge that you have read this policy and that you understand your rights in relation to your personal information and how we will collect, use and process it.
1. The types of personal information we use
We collect and use the following information about you:
- Your Profile Information. You give us information when you register on the Platform, including your username, date of birth (where applicable), gender, email address and/or telephone number, homepage background, information you disclose in your user profile, and your photograph or profile video.
- User Content and Behavioural Information. We process the content you generate on the Platform, including preferences you set (such as choice of language), photographs, text and videos you upload and comments you make (“User Content”). We collect information through surveys, challenges and competitions in which you participate. We also collect information regarding your use of the Platform, e.g., how you engage with the Platform, including how you interact with content we show to you, the ads you view, content you view and problems encountered, the content you like, the content you save to ‘My Favourites’, the content you search and the users you follow. We also infer your preferences, including your interests, gender and age for the purpose of personalising content. We process information about your followers, the likes you receive and responses to content you upload, for the purposes of promoting your content to other users and exploring whether your profile presents further opportunities for collaboration. We also collect content (such as text and images) from your device’s clipboard if you choose to copy and paste content to or from the Platform or share content between the Platform and a third party platform. Where appropriate, we will also use this information for the purpose of serving personalised advertising and to tell you about new services and opportunities. Where permitted, we may collect information about the videos, images and audio that are a part of your User Content, such as identifying the objects and scenery that appear and the existence and location within an image of face and body features. We may use this information for content moderation and to support special features, such as providing beauty tips based on the shape of your face and your complexion (available only in some regions). We do not use any face information to identify you or other people in your videos or photos, nor do we share such information with third parties. Any face or voice information collected to support special features will be deleted promptly after we provide you with such features.
- Information When You Contact Us. When you contact us, we collect the information you send to us, such as proof of identity or age, feedback about your use of the Platform or other complaints content about other users or the Platform.
- Information from Third Parties. You may choose to share certain information with us from third parties or through your use of the Platform, we may collect such third party information automatically. We have set out further detail on the information we receive from third parties below:
- Business Partners
If you choose to register to use the Platform using your social network account details (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google) or link your TOP&LIST account with other social network accounts, you will provide us or allow your social network to provide us with your username and public profile. We will likewise share certain information with your social network such as your app ID, access token and the referring URL.
- Advertisers and Advertising Networks
- Technical Information we collect about you. We automatically collect certain information from you when you access and use the Platform including when you are using the Platform without an account. Such information includes your IP address, browsing history (i.e. the content you have viewed on the Platform), mobile carrier, time zone settings, identifier for advertising purposes and the version of the app you are using. We will also collect information regarding the device you are using to access the Platform such as the model of your device, the device system, network type, device ID, your screen resolution and operating system. Where you log-in from multiple devices, we will be able to use your profile information to identify your activity across devices. Moreover, we automatically collect information concerning performances, errors and crashes of devices, and other technical information for diagnostic measurements.
- Location. We use the 'Region' you select in Settings to customise your experience except where we provide location-based services, in which case we collect GPS (where we have your consent).
You may be able to refuse or disable Cookies by adjusting your browser settings. Because each browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your browser. Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable certain types of Cookies. For example, due to differences in how browsers and mobile apps function, you may need to take different steps to opt out of Cookies used for targeted advertising in a browser and to opt out of targeted advertising for a mobile application, which you may control through your device settings or mobile app permissions. In addition, your opt-out selection is specific to the particular browser or device that you are using when you opt out, so you may need to opt-out separately for each of browser or device. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete Cookies, some of the functionality of the Platform may no longer be available to you.
3. How we use your personal information
We will use the information we collect about you in the following ways:
- respond to inquiries concerning products, services, Platform functions and support, and for our internal operations;
- provide you with user support;
- personalise the content you receive and provide you with tailored content that will be of interest to you;
- enable you to share User Content and interact with other users;
- enable our messenger service to function if you choose to use this function;
- communicate with you (including notifying you of any changes to our service);
- detect abuse, fraud and illegal activity on the Platform;
- ensure your safety and security including reviewing user content, messages and associated metadata for breach of our Community Guidelines and review other inappropriate content;
- ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- improve, promote and develop the Platform and promote popular topics, hashtags and campaigns on the Platform;
- carry out data analysis, research and investigations, and test the Platform to ensure its stability and security;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of the Platform;
- to ensure that you are old enough to use our Platform (as required by law);
- provide you with personalised advertising experiences;
- understand how you use the Platform (including cases when you move across devices);
- provide you with location-based services (where those services are available in your jurisdiction);
- enforce our terms, conditions and policies;
- administer the Platform including troubleshooting;
- colligate information we collect or receive about you for the foregoing purposes; and
- realize purposes based on your consent or that are indicated when your information is collected.
4. How we share your personal information
We share your information with the following selected third parties:
- Business Partners
If you choose to register to use the Platform using your social network account details (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google) or link your TOP&LIST account with other social network account, you will provide us or allow your social network to provide us with your username and public profile. We will likewise share certain information with the relevant social network such as your app ID, access token and the referring URL. Where you opt to share content on social media platforms, the content, username and accompanying text will be shared on that platform or, in the case of sharing via instant messaging platforms such as Whatsapp, a link to the content will be shared.
- Service Providers
We provide information and content to service providers who support our business, such as cloud service providers and providers of content moderation services to ensure that the Platform is a safe and enjoyable place.
- Analytics providers
We use analytics providers to help us in the optimisation and improvement of the Platform. Our third party analytics providers also help us serve targeted adverts.
- Advertisers and Advertising Networks
We share information with advertisers and third party measurement companies to show how many and which users of the Platform have viewed or clicked on an advertisement. We share your device ID with measurement companies so that we can link your activity on the Platform with your activity on other websites; we then use this information to show you adverts which may be of interest to you.
- Our Corporate Group
We may also share your information with other members, subsidiaries, or affiliates of our corporate group, to provide the Platform including improving and optimising the Platform, preventing illegal use and supporting users.
- Law Enforcement
We will share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other parties if legally required to do so, or if such use is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with legal obligation, process or request;
- enforce our Terms of Service and other agreements, policies, and standards, including investigation of any potential violation thereof;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud copyright infringement or other illegal activity or technical issues; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, copyright holders, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (including exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
- Public Activities
If you choose to engage in public activities on the Platform, you should be aware that any information you share may be read, collected, or used by other users, as well as third parties such as search engines, content aggregators and news sites. You should use caution in disclosing personal information while using the Platform. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit.
- Sale or Merger
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (whether a result of liquidation, bankruptcy or otherwise), in which case we will disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we sell, buy, merge, are acquired by, or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets.
5. Where we store your personal information.
The personal information we collect from you may be stored on a server located outside of the country where you live. We maintain major servers around the world to bring you our services globally and continuously.
6. Your Choices
You can access and edit most of your profile information by signing into the Platform. You can delete the User Content you uploaded. We also provide a number of tools in Settings that allow you to control your privacy preferences, such as who can view your User Content. Should you choose to do so, you may delete your entire account in Settings. You may also request a copy of your personal information. If you have any questions on how to use those tools, or want to exercise any rights you may have in the country where you live, please contact us at [email protected].
7. The security of your personal information
We take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will protect your personal information, for example, by encryption, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted via the Platform; any transmission is at your own risk.
We have appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of you and other users. We maintain these technical and organizational measures and will amend them from time to time to improve the overall security of our systems.
We will, from time to time, include links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
8. How long we keep your personal information
We retain your information for as long as it is necessary to provide you with the service and as may be required by law. Where we do not need your information in order to provide the service to you, we retain it only for so long as we have a legitimate business purpose in keeping such information. However, there are occasions where we are likely to keep this information for longer in accordance with our legal obligations or where it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. After you have terminated your use of our Platform, we store your information in an aggregated and anonymised format.
9. Information relating to children
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal information, please contact us in the first instance at [email protected] and we will endeavour to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to launch a claim with the relevant data protection authority.
We will generally notify all users of any material changes to this policy, through a notice provided via the Platform. However, you should look at this policy regularly to check for any changes. We will also update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this policy, which reflects the effective date of such policy. Your continued access to or use of the Platform after the date of the updated policy constitutes your acceptance of the updated policy. If you do not agree to the updated policy, you must stop accessing or using the Platform.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy should be addressed to [email protected].