1. Folgers Coffee, 2. Eight O'Clock Coffee, 3. Starbucks, 4. Gloria Jean’s Coffees, 5. La Colombe Coffee Roasters, 6. Intelligentsia Coffee, 7. Stumptown Coffee Roasters, 8. Death Wish Coffee. America has some of the oldest and most high-quality coffee brands out there. This is easy to understand considering that according to the National Coffee Association, Americans drink 517 million cups of coffee every day, making it the second most popular drink in the United States, behind only water! On this list, explore some of the best American coffee brands and see if you've ever tried some of them.
- Folgers Coffee
- Eight O’Clock Coffee
- Gloria Jean’s Coffees
- La Colombe Coffee Roasters
- Intelligentsia Coffee
- Stumptown Coffee Roasters
- Death Wish Coffee
Folgers Coffee is known for its rich and aromatic taste that has been a part of many American’s day-to-day life. Folgers Coffee is also known for being a pioneer in bringing coffee to modern life in America since 1850. Being the number-one-selling brand of pre-ground coffee in the United States, Folgers Coffee is the best American coffee brand in the market.
From espressos and lattes to pour-overs and French presses, the coffee world has changed dramatically since the turn of the century. However, the classic Folgers Coffee still holds its crown as “the best part of waking up” for having good quality coffee at a very affordable price.
Folgers has even changed their recipe, offering a more robusta-heavy blend compared to other brands on our list. Some of the brand’s best sellers include:
- Classic Roast Instant – made from Mountain Grown beans, the world’s richest and most aromatic.
- House Blend Medium Roast – Best Folgers Blend – a medium roast coffee with a rich, smooth flavor.
- Folgers Black Silk Dark Roast – bold, yet smooth blend with a strong finish.
- 100 Colombian Medium Roast – made from 100% Colombian beans.
Headquarters: San Francisco, California, US.
Screenshot of https://www.folgerscoffee.com/
Eight O’Clock Coffee
Eight O’Clock Coffee is a classic morning cup that will boost your energy to the fullest. Similar to Folgers Coffee, this brand is one of the oldest coffee brands in the US, and also one of the best ones.
Eight O’Clock Coffee is a classic. The brand offers a range of premium quality roasted coffee beans that are perfect for coffee lovers who appreciate a rich and flavorful cup of coffee. These coffee beans are carefully selected from the finest coffee-growing regions around the world and roasted to perfection to bring out their unique flavors and aromas.
Whether you prefer a bold and robust coffee or a smooth and mellow one, Eight O’Clock Coffee has a variety of options to suit your taste. Here are some of the best sellers of the brand:
- Eight O’Clock Coffee Dark Italian Espresso: This is a 100% Arabica whole bean coffee with a rich, elegant aroma and full-bodied finish.
- Eight O’Clock Coffee 50% Decaf, Medium Roast Whole Bean Coffee: This medium roast, whole bean coffee is a carefully crafted blend of regular and decaf coffee beans from Latin America to East Africa. The result is a smooth, mellow taste with half the caffeine.
- Eight O’Clock Whole Bean Coffee: This is a medium roast whole bean coffee that has a rich and full-bodied flavor with a smooth finish.
Additionally, the coffee is Kosher certified and the brand is committed to supporting the coffee farming community and improving the quality of life for all involved in the supply chain.
Headquarters: North Bergen, New Jersey, US.
Screenshot of https://www.eightoclock.com/
Starbucks is hands down the most famous coffee and drinks brand in the world. Being a US-based brand, Starbucks has also been one of the best American coffee brands for more than 50 years.
As of November 2021, Starbucks had 33,833 stores in 80 countries, 15,444 of which were located in the United States. More than a coffee brand, Starbucks has become a part of the American culture, and an important coffee provider of the world.
Starbucks offers a range of coffee products, including whole beans, ground coffee, and espresso. Some of the best Starbucks coffee that you should check out are:
- Caramel Macchiato: A sweet caramel drink made with delicious vanilla syrup that is swirled into a rich and intense shot of espresso.
- Almond Milk Honey Flat White: A creamy, nutty sweetness drink made with classic espresso and almond milk (instead of dairy) and adds a touch of honey for sweetness, making it a perfect choice for those who are vegan or have lactose intolerance.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte: A fall classic made with espresso, milk, and pumpkin spice sauce comprising classic fall flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove.
- Caffè Mocha: A lovechild of espresso and chocolate made with Starbucks’ signature intense, full-bodied, and caffeine-charged espresso, dark mocha sauce, and creamy milk.
- Peppermint Mocha: A festive drink made with espresso, steamed milk, sweet mocha sauce, and peppermint-flavored syrup. The drink is then topped off with whipped cream and dark chocolate curls.
Headquarters: Seattle, Washington, US.
Screenshot of https://www.starbucks.com/
Photo by Erik Mclean: https://www.pexels.com/photo/close-up-shot-of-a-starbucks-cup-7133624/
Gloria Jean’s Coffees
Great coffee has been the driving passion for Gloria Jean’s Coffees since 1979. From the first store that was opened by Gloria Jean Kvetko in Chicago, Illinois to the 600+ stores across 40 countries in operation today, the brand has maintained its commitment, making it one of the overall best American brands.
The brand designs its own blends and roasts to maintain its flavor-famous consistency and quality. Whether you are escaping the daily grind in one of our coffee houses or enjoying one of their premium brews at home, Gloria Jean’s Coffees is committed to delivering you world-class coffee with every cup.
Gloria Jean’s Coffees offers a wide range of products in two main categories:
- Cola drinks including Cookie Chillers, Espresso Chillers, Fruit Chillers & Smoothies, Mocha Chillers, Over Ice, and Un-Coffee Chillers.
- Hot Drinks including American Classics, European Classics, and Hot Teas & Cocoas.
Headquarters: Illinois, US
Screenshot of https://www.gloriajeans.com/
La Colombe Coffee Roasters
Considered one of the pioneers of the third wave of coffee, La Colombe Coffee Roasters provides signature classic blends and exceptional single-origin coffees to cafés, hotels, restaurants, and retailers around the world. For years this La Colombe has been one of the best coffee brands in America.
La Colombe Coffee Roasters is one of the brands that own physical stores in some of the best cities in America. The brand now has 30 cafés in Philadelphia, New York, Chicago, Boston, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles – with additional locations all across America, providing customers with the best quality services.
This brand is known for its light roast coffee and offers a range of coffee products, including whole beans, ground coffee, and espresso. Here are some of La Colombe’s best products that you should try:
- Nizza: This blend is made up of two different coffees from Brazil and Colombia. It has a sweet, fruity flavor profile with notes of berries and citrus 2.
- Corsica: This blend is made up of two different coffees from Brazil and Colombia. It has a smooth, chocolatey flavor profile with notes of nuts and caramel 2.
Additionally, the brand also worked with the Clinton Foundation to found the Haiti Coffee Academy to improve coffee growers’ livelihoods in Haiti through training programs, demonstration farms, and nurseries to strengthen the supply chain for both local and export markets for Haitian coffee.
Headquarters: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US.
Screenshot of https://www.lacolombe.com/
Intelligentsia Coffee is a specialty coffee pioneer, rising from humble Chicago roots to a company driven by curiosity, empowerment, and the never-ending quest for the most extraordinary coffee in the world. Bringing high-quality coffee to tens of thousands of customers daily, the brand is for sure one of the best American coffee brands we have to include on this list.
Intelligentsia Coffee believes in coffee quality and has made a commitment to its customers to offer only truly dazzling Specialty Coffees that speak for themselves in the cup. The brand works closely with actual producers, not just importers or exporters so that it can build great coffees from the very start.
Intelligentsia Coffee supplies coffee to various Chicago-area cafes and restaurants, as well as other locations in the US and Canada with various types of coffee. Some of their best products include:
- Black Cat Classic Espresso: This espresso blend is made up of three different coffees from Latin America and Africa. It has a rich, chocolatey flavor profile with notes of caramel and nuts.
- Frequency Blend: This blend is made up of two different coffees from Latin America and Africa. It has a sweet, fruity flavor profile with notes of berries and citrus 2.
Headquarters: Chicago, Illinois, US.
Screenshot of https://www.intelligentsia.com/
Screenshot of https://www.facebook.com/IntelligentsiaCoffee/?locale=vi_VN
Stumptown Coffee Roasters
Stumptown Coffee Roasters has been a leading coffee brand since 1999. Moreover, being known for its delicious whole-bean varieties, as well as individual bottles of cold brew, this Portland-based brand is one of the best American coffee brands that many people can’t live without.
The brand believes that the roasting process should be transparent and that it’s their responsibility to honor the hard work already invested in the coffee by roasting it to showcase the coffee’s distinctive qualities. Stumptown has received numerous awards, including Roaster of the Year 2006.
Some of Stumptown Coffee Roasters’ best products include:
- Hair Bender: This blend is made up of three different coffees from Latin America and Africa. It has a sweet, fruity flavor profile with notes of citrus and chocolate.
- House Blend: This blend is made up of two different coffees from Latin America and Indonesia. It has a smooth, chocolatey flavor profile with notes of nuts and caramel.
Headquarters: Portland, Oregon, US.
Screenshot of https://www.stumptowncoffee.com/
Death Wish Coffee
Being a new player in the game doesn’t stop Death Wish Coffee to become one of the best American coffee brands. The brand stands for the “bold souls who never slow down,” inspiring its customers to live their life to the fullest.
Death Wish Coffee gained publicity when it was chosen as the winner of Intuit QuickBooks’ “Small Business, Big Game” competition in 2015, allowing it to have a Super Bowl commercial carried nationwide free of charge during Super Bowl 50.
But marketing alone would not be able to make the brand’s reputation. Death Wish Coffee’s products have double the caffeine of an average cup of coffee but do not taste bitter or acidic. This is one unique reason that helps set the brand apart from its competitors.
Their coffee is primarily sold online, but can also be found in grocery stores across the US. Some of their best products include:
- Death Wish Coffee: This dark roast coffee bean has twice the caffeine content of regular coffee beans. It has a strong, bold flavor profile with notes of cherry and chocolate 3.
- Valhalla Java Odinforce Blend: This blend is made up of two different coffees from Indonesia and Central America. It has a rich, chocolatey flavor profile with notes of nuts and caramel 3.
Death Wish Coffee also partners with different non-profit and social organizations to sponsor events, social causes, and more, including the Special Olympics New York – a sports organization for children and adults with intellectual and physical disabilities.
Headquarters: Saratoga Springs, New York, US.
Screenshot of http://deathwishcoffee.com/