- Head First HTML and CSS
- HTML and CSS Quickstart Guide
- Learning Web Design
- HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites
- Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS by Ben Frain
- HTML 5 Black Book
- HTML5 and CSS3 All-in-One For Dummies
- CSS Pocket Reference
- A Smarter Way to Learn HTML & CSS
Head First HTML and CSS
Co-founders of the education firm Wickedly Smart, which aids clients in mastering online technologies, are Eric Freeman and Elisabeth Robson. Elisabeth Robson is the co-founder of Wickedly Smart (wickedlysmart.com), where she develops novel learning materials that are brain-friendly.
Are you sick of reading HTML books that make sense only once you have some experience? Then it’s time to start using Head First HTML and CSS and start learning HTML properly. You want to learn HTML so you can build the websites you’ve always wanted and interact with loved ones, followers, and devoted customers more effectively. Additionally, you want to do it correctly so that you may eventually expand and maintain your web pages and ensure that they are compatible with all browsers and mobile devices. Oh, and if you’ve never heard of CSS, that’s okay; we won’t let on that you’re still having a good time like it’s 1999. However, if you want to build websites in the twenty-first century, you’ll need to comprehend CSS.
Discover the true secrets of building websites, as well as why your supervisor probably misled you about HTML tables (and what to do instead). The most important thing is to deal with your coworker when he casually notes how his HTML is now strict and his CSS is in an external style sheet (and wow cocktail party visitors).
You won’t embarrass yourself by assuming web-safe colors still matter or make a fool of yourself by sneaking a font tag into your pages if you use Head First HTML and CSS. The best part is that you’ll learn HTML and CSS without falling asleep. If you’ve ever read a book from Head First, you know what to anticipate: a visually stimulating format created for the way your brain functions. This book will help you learn HTML and CSS in a way that sticks by utilizing the most recent findings in neuroscience, cognitive science, and learning theory.
Author: Elisabeth Robson and Eric Freeman
Link to buy: https://www.amazon.com/Head-First-HTML-CSS-Standards-Based/dp/0596159900/
Ratings: 4.6 out of 5 stars (from 708 reviews)
Best Sellers Rank: #161,735 in Books
#10 in CSS Programming
#43 in Web Design (Books)
#56 in Computer Programming Languages
HTML and CSS Quickstart Guide
David DuRocher is a web design instructor, author, and a 10-year veteran of a Fortune 500 technology firm. David knows how to get results and distill his experience into actionable learning insight thanks to his extensive web development education experience. David’s students have developed practical HTML, CSS, and other coding language skill sets under his tutelage. His results-oriented teaching methods, extensive hands-on experience, and engaging style demonstrate time and again that anyone can learn the skills required to build a professional tech career.
Experienced developers understand that mastering HTML and CSS fundamentals is not only a necessary web design skill, but also the foundation of a strong coding skillset.
Author, instructor, and 10+ year Fortune 500 tech company veteran David DuRocher breaks down HTML5 and CSS3 fundamentals in manageable, practical, and engaging segments designed for first-time developers in HTML & CSS QuickStart Guide. The book is among the best books on HTML and CSS.
Whether you are a student, a jobseeker looking to improve your resume, a freelancer, a designer, an experienced developer, or simply someone who wants to build their own website from the ground up, this book has everything you need to know!
The HTML & CSS QuickStart Guide is ideal for:
- Job seekers who want to boost the value of their resume
- Artists, bloggers, and digital entrepreneurs looking to personalize their online presence
- Users of WordPress, Shopify, and Squarespace who want to customize templates
- Anyone who wants to create attractive, responsive, and modern websites with no prior experience is welcome to use this software.
HTML and CSS The QuickStart Guide includes:
- HTML and CSS for Beginners-everything you need to know about HTML and CSS in one place.
- HTML tags, CSS elements, CSS styling, and how to put everything together
- Future-proofing-knowing how to create websites that look great on any browser and device.
- How to save time by producing clean and tidy code using best practices
- Formatting, sizing, fonts, images, multimedia, forms, sprites, and gradients—everything you need to make your website completely unique!
The HTML and CSS QuickStart Guide Will Show You:
- Modern Web Design Fundamentals – Learn how to create functional and responsive web pages by combining HTML5 and CSS3.
- Principles of Site Structure and Responsive Design – How to format HTML and CSS markup to create visually appealing web sites and web pages that look great on any browser and device.
- Bringing Your Projects to Life – Learn how to incorporate forms, multimedia elements, special characters, and other elements into your web projects.
- Best Practices for Correct Markup – Learn how to create clean, professional HTML documents with industry-standard tools like GitHub.
- HTML and CSS for Novices – HTML and CSS elements, formatting, padding, gradients, menus, testing, debugging, keeping your site’s code up to date, and more are all covered, with plenty of visual examples and a hands-on project!
Author: David DuRocher
Link to buy: https://www.amazon.com/HTML-CSS-QuickStart-Guide-Simplified/dp/1636100007/
Ratings: 4.6 out of 5 stars (from 432 reviews)
Best Sellers Rank: #35,392 in Books
#1 in XHTML Software Programming Computer
#2 in CSS Programming
#22 in Introductory & Beginning Programming
Learning Web Design
Jennifer Niederst Robbins was one of the first Web designers. She has been designing for the Web since 1993, when she created O’Reilly’s Global Network Navigator (GNN), the first commercial web site. She is the bestselling author of “Web Design in a Nutshell” (O’Reilly) and has taught web design at Boston’s Massachusetts College of Art and Johnson and Wales University in Providence. SXSW Interactive, Seybold Seminars, the GRAFILL conference (Geilo, Norway), and one of the first W3C International Expos are among the major design and Internet events she has spoken at.
Do you want to create web pages but lack experience? This helpful guide is a great place to start. You’ll start from scratch, learning how the web and web pages work, and then gradually progress from there. By the end of the book, you’ll be able to build a basic site with multicolumn pages that adapt to mobile devices.
Among the best books on full stack web development, Learning Web Design is appropriate for full stack developers and professionals of all backgrounds and skill levels. It is simple and straightforward enough for beginners, but comprehensive enough to serve as a useful reference for experienced developers looking to keep their skills up to date.
- Create HTML pages by combining text, links, images, tables, and forms.
- CSS is used for colors, backgrounds, text formatting, page layout, and even simple animation effects.
- Create and optimize web images to ensure that they load as quickly as possible.
- CSS Flexbox and Grid can be used to create sophisticated and flexible page layouts.
- Learn the fundamentals of Responsive Web Design to create web pages that look great on all devices.
- Learn how to use the command line, Git, and other tools in the modern web developer’s toolbox.
- Learn about the SVG graphics’ superpowers.
Author: Jennifer Niederst Robbins
Ratings: 4.6 out of 5 stars (from 586 reviews)
Best Sellers Rank: #112,737 in Books
#8 in CSS Programming
#112 in Introductory & Beginning Programming
HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites
For more than ten years, Jon Duckett has been designing and developing websites. He has written more than a dozen books on web design, programming, usability, and accessibility, and he has worked with both small businesses and major corporations.
More and more individuals desire to learn HTML and CSS every day. New audiences that need to know a little bit of code for work (to update a content management system or e-commerce store) and those who want to make their personal blogs more appealing are joining the professional web designers and programmers. HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites adopts a completely unique approach because so many books on HTML and CSS are dull and solely created for individuals who want to become programmers.
- It is full-color throughout and introduces HTML and CSS in a style that is understandable to hobbyists, students, and professionals.
- Informative graphics and lifestyle photos are used to clearly and engagingly explain the subjects.
- The book has a distinctive format that enables you to read the chapters in order from beginning to end or just skim over sections that particularly interest you.
- You will like picking up, reading, and then referring back to this instructional book. You’ll wish that other technical subjects were explained in this clear, appealing, and interesting a manner.
Author: Jon Duckett
Link to buy: https://www.amazon.com/HTML-CSS-Design-Build-Websites/dp/1118008189/
Ratings: 4.7 out of 5 stars (from 4203 reviews)
Best Sellers Rank: #14,959 in Books
#1 in Computer Programming Languages
#1 in CSS Programming
#2 in Web Design (Books)
Web design and development consultations are provided professionally by Jennifer Kyrnin. She has created and maintained websites of all shapes and sizes, for audiences around the world, from tiny single-page sites to massive million-page database-driven sites. Sams Teach Yourself HTML5 Mobile Application Development, Sams Teach Yourself Responsive Web Design, and Sams Teach Yourself Bootstrap are all books she has written and has been teaching HTML, XML, and web design online since 1997.
Software development manager and technical consultant Julie Meloni resides in Washington, DC. Sams Teach Yourself PHP, MySQL, and Apache All in One, which is among the best-selling titles she has authored, is one of several books and articles on web-based programming languages and database-related subjects.
Author: Julie Meloni and Jennifer Kyrnin
Ratings: 4.5 out of 5 stars (from 278 reviews)
#3 in CSS Programming
#53 in Introductory & Beginning Programming
Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS by Ben Frain
Since 1996, Ben Frain has worked as a web designer and developer. He is currently working at bet365 as a UI-UX Technical Lead. Prior to the internet, he worked as a modest (and underappreciated) TV actor and technology journalist after earning a degree in media and performance from Salford University. He still holds onto the (evaporating) hope that he might sell one of his four equally underrated (in his opinion) screenplays.
One of the most thorough and best-selling books on the most recent HTML5 and CSS tools and approaches for responsive web design, Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS, Third Edition, has been updated and expanded. The book is regarded as one of the best books on HTML and CSS.
This edition of the book, which is written in the author’s very approachable and informal tone, covers all the most recent advancements and enhancements in responsive web design, such as greater user accessibility, changeable fonts and font loading, CSS Scroll Snap, and a whole lot more. You will comprehend how CSS Grid differs from the Flexbox layout method and when you should utilize one over the other thanks to a new chapter devoted to it.
You will also learn how to use SVG in practice, write accessible HTML content, use CSS to create great aesthetics and effects, use transitions, transformations, and animations, apply media queries, and more. The author’s front-end development strategies are covered in the book’s concluding chapters. By the end of this book, you’ll not only have a thorough understanding of responsive web design and the capabilities of the most recent versions of HTML5 and CSS, but you’ll also know how to use each approach to its fullest potential.
What you will discover
- Include CSS media queries in your designs and use various styles for various devices.
- Depending on the size or resolution of the screen, load several groups of photos.
- Use accessible HTML patterns’ speed, semantics, and clean syntax to your advantage.
- Use SVGs in your designs to include graphics that don’t depend on resolution
- Utilize the most recent CSS capabilities, such as CSS Grid, custom properties, and changeable fonts.
- HTML forms should have validation and interface components like date and color pickers.
- Recognize the various ways that interface elements can be improved using filters, shadows, animations, and other techniques.
This book is intended for: Are you a front-end developer that needs to improve his full-stack abilities? Maybe you’re a front-end developer who needs a comprehensive rundown of everything that current HTML and CSS has to offer. Even if you’ve built a few websites, do you really grasp responsive web designs and how to implement them? This book is for you.
Author: Ben Frain
Link to buy: https://www.amazon.com/Responsive-Web-Design-HTML5-CSS/dp/1800565186/
Ratings: 4.5 out of 5 stars (from 260 reviews)
Best Sellers Rank: #2,086,349 in Books
#1,485 in Web Design (Books)
#3,604 in Web Development & Design Programming
#8,882 in Internet & Social Media
HTML 5 Black Book
If you work as a Web designer or developer, HTML 5 Black Book will expose you to the newest HTML5 features and components, including the canvas element for drawing and the audio and video media elements. This book teaches you how to develop Web apps for the most recent iterations of contemporary browsers utilizing HTML5 and other web technologies.
An excellent book for web developers. But beginners should not attempt it. For developers with intermediate skill levels. Therefore, before purchasing this book, grasp the fundamentals of web programming. This updated book is simple to understand ( 2018 edition).
Author: DT Editorial Services
Ratings: 4.2 out of 5 stars (from 362 reviews)
Best Sellers Rank: #2,374,510 in Books
#39 in XHTML Software Programming Computer
#133 in XML Programming (Books)
HTML5 and CSS3 All-in-One For Dummies
Andy Harris discovered programming by himself because it was enjoyable. He now works as a technology consultant for the state of Indiana, teaches computer science, game development, and web programming at the university level, assists persons with disabilities in starting their own web development businesses, and works with families who want to teach computing at home.
- Examines recent developments in web development, such as novel technologies and modified standards
- Features a website with supplementary materials, such as HTML5 and CSS3 programs and source code, that is helpful for web development.
The third edition of HTML5 and CSS3 All-in-One For Dummies is the ideal resource for both novices and experts in web development who want to learn more about how to maximize the effectiveness of HTML5 and CSS3. It is among the best books on HTML and CSS.
Author: Andrew Harris
Link to buy: https://www.amazon.com/HTML5-CSS3-All-One-Dummies/dp/1118289382/
Ratings: 4.6 out of 5 stars (from 495 reviews)
Best Sellers Rank: #143,323 in Books
#2 in XHTML Software Programming Computer
#4 in Assembly Language Programming
#50 in Computer Programming Languages
CSS Pocket Reference
Since late 1993, Eric has been working on the web and is a known authority on the topics of HTML, CSS, and Web standards. He founded Complex Spiral Consulting, was a co-founder of the microformats movement, and founded An Event Apart with Jeffrey Zeldman, a design conference series for web designers. Eric served as Case Western Reserve University’s campus Web coordinator beginning in early 1994. While there, he wrote a highly regarded trilogy of HTML tutorials and served as project manager for the online edition of the Encyclopedia of Cleveland History and Dictionary of Cleveland Biography, the first urban history encyclopedia to be fully and freely published on the Web.
This succinct yet thorough quick reference offers the crucial knowledge you require when you are working with CSS and need an answer right away. This fifth edition of CSS Pocket Reference is suited for intermediate to advanced web designers and developers because it has been revised and updated for CSS3. The book is one of the best books on HTML and CSS.
You can discover an alphabetical list of CSS selectors and attributes, as well as a brief introduction to its main ideas. Additionally, you will learn about new characteristics including flexbox, clipping, masking, and compositing.
- Find the information you need quickly.
- Learn about the values, selectors, queries, and properties of CSS.
- Learn how new capabilities can expand and compliment your CSS usage.
- In this new edition, learn about brand-new features like animations, grids, flexboxes, masking, filtering, and compositing.
Author: Eric A. Meyer
Link to buy: https://www.amazon.com/CSS-Pocket-Reference-Visual-Presentation/dp/1492033391/
Ratings: 4.7 out of 5 stars (from 230 reviews)
Best Sellers Rank: #112,528 in Books
#7 in CSS Programming
#29 in Web Design (Books)
#279 in Internet & Social Media
A Smarter Way to Learn HTML & CSS
The book is the best method for learning through doing. Instead than just reading about HTML/CSS, you truly learn it when you use A Smarter Way to Learn HTML & CSS. According to research, practicing after reading increases learning efficiency by a factor of four. As a result, there are more than 1,000 free, online exercises for each chapter. You may convince yourself that you are learning, therefore you know you are.
- Books and courses overwhelm learners with too much material at once, according to testing. To avoid overwhelming you, the chapters in The Smarter Way are broken up into manageable units.
- Friendly to readers. No jargon. The explanations are all in simple, non-technical English.
- Although it is aimed for beginners, experienced developers will find it useful for honing their abilities.
- Online exercises are both free and interactive.
- Many examples and illustrations of coding.
- Re-do an exercise as many times as necessary until you are certain that you have done it correctly.
- The exercises build on one another so that knowledge is reinforced throughout each group.
- When you make a mistake, Automated Exercise Manager corrects you and directs you in the proper route.
- The most well regarded selection of programming books on Amazon is the Smarter Way to Learn series. More than a thousand Amazon customers gave these books five stars.
Read the testimonials that describe The Smarter Way of learning as engaging, enjoyable, stress-free, and confidence-boosting. Then, if you want to learn HTML & CSS by doing rather than just reading about it, follow this advice.
Author: Mark Myers
Link to buy: https://www.amazon.com/Smarter-Way-Learn-HTML-CSS-ebook/dp/B00ULX5FT2/
Ratings: 4.6 out of 5 stars (from 945 reviews)
Best Sellers Rank: #126,803 in Kindle Store
#3 in HTML Programming
#7 in Software Engineering
#24 in Software Design Tools