1. Introduction to the Biology of Cancer, 2. Understanding Cancer Metastasis, 3. Introduction to Breast Cancer, 4. Health After Cancer: Cancer Survivorship for Primary Care, 5. Traditional Herbal Medicine in Supportive Cancer Care: From Alternative to Integrative, 6. Artificial Intelligence for Breast Cancer Detection, 7. Understanding Prostate Cancer, 8. Nutrition and Cancer. Cancer is a term used to describe a group of diseases characterized by abnormal cell proliferation that has the potential to infiltrate or spread to other parts of the body. Benign tumors, on the other hand, do not spread. A lump, unusual bleeding, a persistent cough, unexplained weight loss, and a change in bowel movements are all possible indications and symptoms. While these signs and symptoms may suggest cancer, they could also signal something else. Humans are affected by about 100 different types of cancer. The danger of this disease requires people to have a certain understanding to prevent and prevent, as well as know the signs to devise a timely treatment plan. So let's go through a list of the best online cancer courses.
- Introduction to the Biology of Cancer
- Understanding Cancer Metastasis
- Introduction to Breast Cancer
- Health After Cancer: Cancer Survivorship for Primary Care
- Traditional Herbal Medicine in Supportive Cancer Care: From Alternative to Integrative
- Artificial Intelligence for Breast Cancer Detection
- Understanding Prostate Cancer
- Nutrition and Cancer
Introduction to the Biology of Cancer
Every year, over 500,000 people in the United States and over 8 million people worldwide succumb to cancer. Cancer is becoming more common as people live longer lives, and the disease is anticipated to affect over 20 million people annually by 2030. This free course is for anybody interested in learning more about cancer and how it is avoided, diagnosed, and treated.
The course covers cancer’s molecular biology (oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes) as well as the disease’s biologic markers. The course also covers the risk factors for lung cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, liver cancer, and stomach cancer, among other malignancies. The course explains how cancer is staged, how imaging is used to detect cancer, and how major malignancies are treated. This is one of the best online cancer courses.
This course offers two Honors lectures on liver and prostate malignancies in addition to the main subjects. You will be able to do the following after completing this course:
- Identify the most common cancers in the world. (Lecture 1)
- Explain how genes influence cancer risk and progression. (Lecture 2)
- Make a list of the ten cellular hallmarks of cancer and describe them. (Lecture 3)
- Identify the essential steps in the metastatic process and define metastasis. (Lecture 4)
- Explain how imaging is used in cancer screening, diagnosis, staging, and treatment. (Lecture 5)
- Describe the treatment for cancer. (Lecture 6)
Skills you will gain
- Cancer Biology
- Cancer Genetics
Instructor: Kenneth J. Pienta, M.D.
Coursera rate: 4.8/5.0, 6.406 ratings
Offered by: Johns Hopkins University
Enroll here: https://www.coursera.org/learn/cancer
Understanding Cancer Metastasis
Every year, over 500,000 people in the United States and over 8 million people worldwide succumb to cancer. Cancer is becoming more common as people live longer lives, and the disease is anticipated to affect over 20 million people annually by 2030.
Cancer has touched or will impact everyone at some point in their lives. Instructors have achieved significant achievements in the prevention and treatment of cancer thanks to years of devotion and commitment to research. However, there is still a lot of work to be done.
The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine’s clinicians and scientists explain how cancer spreads or metastasizes in this course. You’ll go over the major theories of metastasis before getting into the biology of the stages of metastasis. The major organs targeted by metastasis are also discussed, as well as how metastases impair the patient.
- Molecular Biology
- Cancer Biology
- Cancer Stem Cells
Instructors: Kenneth J. Pienta, M.D., Jelani Zarif, Sarah Amend, Kenneth Valkenburg, Haley Axelrod
Coursera rate: 4.8/5.0, 2.069 ratings
Enroll here: https://www.coursera.org/learn/cancer-metastasis
Introduction to Breast Cancer
Hello and welcome to a Breast Cancer Overview! This course will teach you about the primary cause of cancer in women around the world, from the disease’s basic biology to risk factors and prevention, treatment options, and survivorship. This is one of the best online cancer courses. You’ll hear from renowned experts, learn about some of the seminal studies that have advanced the discipline, and participate in engaging conversations on message boards and social media. You’ll also have the chance to tell the teachers what topics you’d like to see covered during tweetchats, so they can tailor the content to your preferences.
This course has something for everyone – whether you’re a breast cancer survivor or a friend or family member of someone who has had breast cancer, this course will help you better understand the disease and offer you questions to ask your doctor. This course is a wonderful update on where the science stands if you’re a healthcare provider or studying to be one. This course is suitable for you if you’re a hospital administrator wondering how the interdisciplinary components of breast cancer care come together, an entrepreneur thinking about unmet needs in this field, or a public health professional interested in prevention.
What you will learn
- Breast Cancer
Instructor: Anees B. Chagpar
Coursera rate: 4.9/5.0, 1.086 ratings
Offered by: Yale University
Enroll here: https://www.coursera.org/learn/breast-cancer-causes-prevention
Health After Cancer: Cancer Survivorship for Primary Care
Primary-care physicians will learn the fundamentals of cancer survivorship in this course. This course, created by a team of cancer survivorship experts and narrated by a primary-care physician, offers practical suggestions and techniques that can be easily integrated into medical practice.
You’ll learn about the complicated physical and mental demands and concerns of the growing number of cancer survivors, as well as the critical role that primary care physicians play in helping these patients back to health following cancer treatment. This is one of the best online cancer courses.
Story-based movies introduce you to four patients with varying needs in their care following cancer recovery; downloadable reference guides for clinical care, communication, and resources; and extra optional cases for prolonged study.
- How can the long-term and long-term effects of cancer treatments on patients’ well-being be assessed?
- How to use cancer diagnosis and treatment facts to develop risk-based co-morbidity management and preventative care recommendations
- How to use communication and collaboration tactics with your patients and the rest of your care team
Instructors: Lidia Schapira, Jennifer Kim
Coursera rate: 4.8/5.0, 32 ratings
Offered by: Stanford University
Enroll here: https://www.coursera.org/learn/health-after-cancer-cancer-survivorship-for-primary-care
Traditional Herbal Medicine in Supportive Cancer Care: From Alternative to Integrative
Supportive Cancer Care with Traditional Herbal Medicine. This course consists of short lectures that cover a wide range of topics relating to the principles and application of herbal medicine in cancer therapy. Interviews with renowned world specialists in Integrative Oncology from the United States and Canada, as well as Europe, the Middle East, China, and Japan, are included in the course.
By the completion of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand the fundamental ideas of Integrative Oncology as they apply to supportive and palliative cancer care.
- Acquire good communication skills that can help you better understand your patients’ perspectives on herbal medicine while also advising them on how to utilize these products safely and effectively.
- Be able to construct a patient-tailored and culturally appropriate integrative oncology treatment program, including the use of herbal medicine, in collaboration with patients, caregivers, and healthcare providers.
- Meet key “players” who can share their insights into developing and implementing an integrated oncology program
The course has been specifically created to provide information and guidance at a level suitable for patients and non-medical participants, as well as medical professionals seeking evidence-based recommendations on the safety and effectiveness of herbal medicine in cancer therapy.
Instructors: Eran Ben-Arye, Noah Samuels
Coursera rate: 4.8/5.0, 68 ratings
Offered by: Technion – Israel Institute of Technology
Enroll here: https://www.coursera.org/learn/cancer-medicine-alternative-herbal-asia
Artificial Intelligence for Breast Cancer Detection
The goal of this course is to give students an understanding of artificial intelligence techniques to breast cancer screening. To reinforce essential topics communicated in the courses, students will take tests and participate in discussion sessions. Reading tasks, including journal papers, will be assigned to help students grasp the issues covered in the modules.
The course is for students who are interested in a career in artificial intelligence product development and would like to learn how AI can be used in mammography. The course curriculum focuses on the AI processing paradigm as well as breast imaging domain expertise.
This course is unique in that it gives students a general overview of AI rather than focusing on a single implementation method. Students who pass this course will not only be able to apply their knowledge to an entry-level career in artificial intelligence, but they will also be able to perform well on projects due to their full comprehension of the AI processing paradigm.
- Breast Imaging
- AI Processing Paradigm
- Performance Assessment Metrics
Instructors: Chung-Fu Chang, Emily Ambinder
Coursera rate: 4.3/5.0, 29 ratings
Enroll here: https://www.coursera.org/learn/artificial-intelligence-for-breast-cancer-detection
Understanding Prostate Cancer
Understanding Prostate Cancer is a great place to start learning about prostate cancer. Prostate cancer affects about 1,000,000 men worldwide and 230,000 men in the United States each year. Prostate cancer kills 300,000 men worldwide and 30,000 men in the United States every year. Prostate cancer is becoming more common as individuals live longer lives, and it remains a major health issue worldwide. The experts have achieved significant gains in the treatment of prostate cancer thanks to years of effort and commitment to research. However, there is still a lot of work to be done. This Understanding Prostate Cancer course will give you an overview of prostate cancer’s biology as well as how it’s diagnosed and treated at different stages of the disease. This is one of the best online cancer courses.
By the end of this course, you will be able to define prostate cancer risk factors.
- Recognize the most recent prostate cancer screening recommendations.
- Recognize the stages of prostate cancer
- Learn about prostate cancer therapies for localized prostate cancer.
- Learn about advanced prostate cancer therapies.
- Recognize treatments that can help relieve the symptoms of prostate cancer.
Anyone interested in learning more about prostate cancer biology and treatment should take this Understanding Prostate Cancer course. It should be beneficial to students who are interested in learning more about cancer science. It should also be useful to health care practitioners, data managers, and educators who want to learn more about prostate cancer and how it impacts people. The course is not intended for patients who are looking for treatment advice. This course will motivate those of you who are considering a career in cancer research or patient care to do so! The course is split into five sections to make learning easier.
Coursera rate: 4.8/5.0, 539 ratings
Enroll here: https://www.coursera.org/learn/prostate-cancer
Nutrition and Cancer
Is it possible to minimize cancer risk by eating well and living a healthy lifestyle? Many research on the function of nutrition and physical activity in cancer prevention have been undertaken. As a result, cancer preventive guidelines have been developed. Nutrition and cancer progression are the subjects of far less research, but there is growing evidence that a nutritious diet can help cancer survivors. Learn more about the role of nutrition in the onset and progression of cancer in this online course. You’ll discover how nutrition plays a role in the development, treatment, and progression of cancer. You’ll also learn about the evidence base for dietary recommendations.
This online course examines how dietary exposures (such as vegetables, meat, dietary supplements, and alcohol) and lifestyle factors (such as body composition and physical activity) affect the occurrence and progression of cancers like large bowel cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, and lung cancer.
Cancer patients frequently ask dieticians and physicians what they can do on their own to speed up their recovery. After finishing the course, you will have a firm scientific foundation on which to better weigh and comprehend all of the available knowledge on diet and cancer, as well as to take care of your own and/or your patients’ health.
This online course is particularly useful for professionals (in training) in the domains of nutrition and cancer (e.g. nutritionists, epidemiologists, health policy makers, physicians, caregivers, nutrition educators, biologists and food scientists).
Instructors: Ellen Kampman, Fränzel van Duijnhoven and Dieuwertje Kok
Class central rate: 4.5/5.0, 263 reviews
Offered by: Wageningen University
Enroll here: https://www.classcentral.com/course/edx-nutrition-and-cancer-11591