1. Computational Thinking for Problem Solving, 2. Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success, 3. Problem-solving and Decision-making Strategies, 4. Specialization Solving Complex Problems, 5. Free Problem Solving Techniques Course (LinkedIn Learning), 6. Creative Problem Solving and Decision Making, 7. Decision Making: Solve Problems with Emotional Intelligence, 8. Effective Problem Solving & Decision Making by University of California (Coursera), 9. Creative Problem Solving and Decision Making (edX), 10. Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solving Training. Whether it's your personal or professional life, at every corner and every turn, you'll run into problems. And you will be able to face it. Problem solving is the concept of dealing with these obstacles, especially in the workplace. The demand for this skill has led to an increase in problem-solving courses. Here are the top 10 best online problem solving courses.
- Computational Thinking for Problem Solving
- Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success
- Problem-solving and Decision-making Strategies
- Specialization Solving Complex Problems
- Free Problem Solving Techniques Course (LinkedIn Learning)
- Creative Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Decision Making: Solve Problems with Emotional Intelligence
- Effective Problem Solving & Decision Making by University of California (Coursera)
- Creative Problem Solving and Decision Making (edX)
- Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solving Training
Computational Thinking for Problem Solving
Computational Thinking for Problem Solvingranks first in the list of best online problem solving courses. Computational thinking is the systematic approach to a problem and the creation and expression of a solution that can be carried out by a computer. However, you do not have to be a computer scientist to think like one! In fact, we encourage students from any discipline to enroll in this course. Many quantitative and data-centric problems can be solved using computational thinking, and understanding computational thinking will provide you with a foundation for solving real-world, social problems.
This course will teach you about the computational thinking pillars, how computer scientists develop and analyze algorithms, and how to implement solutions on a computer using the Python programming language. By the end of the course, you will be able to develop an algorithm and express it to the computer by writing a simple Python program. This course will introduce you to people from diverse professions who use computational thinking to solve problems. You will engage with a unique community of analytical thinkers and be encouraged to consider how you can make a positive social impact through computational thinking.
Skills you will gain:
- Simple Algorithm
- Python Programming
- Problem Solving
Enroll here: coursera.org/learn/computational-thinking-problem-solving
Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success
Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success ranks 2nd in the list of best online problem solving courses. Being able to think creatively and innovatively is an essential skill in today’s ever-changing and growing world. It can be difficult to take a step back and reflect in a fast-paced environment or when you are required to assimilate large amounts of information. Employers value traits such as making sense of or communicating new ideas in an innovative and engaging manner, approaching problems from new perspectives, and developing novel solutions.
This course will provide you with a “toolbox,” introducing you to a variety of behaviors and techniques that will enhance your natural creativity. Some of the tools are best used alone, while others work well in groups, allowing you to harness the power of many minds. You can pick and choose which of these tools or techniques best suit your needs and interests, focusing on some or all of the approaches chosen and in the order that works best for you.
What you will learn:
- Understand what creative thinking techniques are
- Comprehend their importance in tackling global challenges as well as in everyday problem-solving scenarios
- Select and apply the appropriate technique based on the opportunity to seize or the problem to tackle
Enroll here: coursera.org/learn/creative-thinking-techniques-and-tools-for-success
Problem-solving and Decision-making Strategies
Problem-solving and Decision-making Strategies 3rd in the list of best online problem solving courses. This course provides you with everything you need to improve your problem-solving and decision-making skills. It provides you with models and techniques that you can apply in professional and personal situations in real life. It’s all about creating positive habits in problem-solving and decision-making by providing a practical framework for improvement. This is part of a larger skills for life program, and it has aided people who are in difficult situations or who want to improve their skills.
You’ll be able to get 4 hours on-demand video, and 26 downloadable resources from this problem solving online course. Furthermore, you will be provided with full lifetime access to this website and even access to mobile & TV. From this course, you’ll learn Problem-solving and Decision-making models, how to use decision-making strategies, and more. This course on problem solving is ideal for those who want to improve or develop Problem-solving skills.
The 4+ hours of video content with a focus on practice will help you learn:
- problem-solving and decision-making models
- how to avoid mind and process traps and
- how to use decision-making strategies.
- establishing a context for success
- framing the issue properly
- generating alternatives
- evaluating these alternatives and
- choosing the best option.
And, this course gives you the most effective and popular tools for decision-making:
- nominal group technique
- return on investment technique
- devil’s advocate technique
- plus-minus-interesting analysis and
- ease-and-effect technique.
- Use a problem-solving model and key problem-solving skills
- Adapt personal decision-making style to every situation
- Use various decision-making tools and techniques
- Avoid problem-solving traps
Enroll here: udemy.com/course/problem-solving-and-decision-making/
Specialization Solving Complex Problems
Specialization Solving Complex Problems ranks 4th in the list of best online problem solving courses. Solving Complex Problems will teach you game-changing new problem-solving techniques. You look at solving complex problems in a way that has never been done before, with lectures from over 50 experts from all faculties at Macquarie University. This specialization employs the Big History framework, which synthesizes knowledge from the sciences and humanities and provides a strong foundation for thinking and researching in new ways. The World Economic Forum has endorsed Big History as an important global framework (WEF).
Presentations at WEF by Professor David Christian, one of the creators of this specialization, have included ‘Interdisciplinary Approaches to Solving 21st Century Challenges’ (Davos 2012), ‘Big History for Big Picture Thinking’ (Davos 2014), and ‘Big History, Big Decisions’ (Tianjin 2014). In 2015, the WEF Annual Meeting in Davos had four sessions devoted to Big History including three interdisciplinary ‘Big History, Big Future’ panels on cooperation, innovation, and global growth and stability. These interdisciplinary discussion panels were the inspiration for this Solving Complex Problems Specialization.
This Specialization has 4 courses:
- Analysing Complexity
- Evaluating Problems
- Creating Innovation
- Solving Complex Problems Capstone
Enroll here: coursera.org/specializations/solving-complex-problems
Free Problem Solving Techniques Course (LinkedIn Learning)
Free Problem Solving Techniques Course (LinkedIn Learning) ranks 5th in the list of best online problem solving courses. The instructor will walk you through the various methods for determining the actual cause of the problem in this beginner level program, including looking at the entire system when a problem is actually a symptom of a larger problem. You will also learn how to use mind maps and decision trees to generate potential solutions. Push your creativity to generate more insightful options, and use logic and intuition to choose the best solution.
You can’t solve a problem unless you find the root cause—and sometimes there are several. Learn techniques for determining the root cause of a problem, generating options, and selecting the best solution in this course. Chris Croft walks you through several methods for determining what’s causing a problem, including looking at the entire system when a problem is a symptom of a larger problem. He also explains how to use mind maps and decision trees to generate potential solutions, how to boost your creativity to help you come up with more insightful options, and how to use logic and intuition to select the best solution for your problem.
- The videos guide you through all the necessary topics beginning from the introductions to the advanced ones and explains how to make the most of the experience.
- The lectures include a detailed explanation of how to get started with the exercises.
- Exercises are available for online practice as well as for download.
- The option of ‘view offline’ allows you to attend classes without the internet and on the go.
- The training is divided into sections along with relevant exercises and regular quizzes.
- The complete study materials are available for free for a month after signing up on the platform.
- 3 Chapter quizzes + 1 Project file + Access on tablet and phone + Certificate of completion
Duration: 1 hour 32 minutes
Enroll here: linkedin.com/learning/problem-solving-techniques
Creative Problem Solving and Decision Making
Creative Problem Solving and Decision Making ranks 6th in the list of best online problem solving courses. Investigate complex, multi-actor systems in which one factor affects all others. For example, how innovative energy technologies integrate into the existing energy system, or how new transportation options influence current processes. Armed with this knowledge, determine whether they should be further developed, consider potential negative outcomes, and weigh associated costs.
The analytical approach – a methodology for making the problem explicit and rationalizing the various potential solutions – has proven to be very useful in making decisions. In a nutshell, analysis-based decision support, design, and implementation of solutions. This method is taught in the course Creative Problem Solving and Decision Making. This course investigates and evaluates tools and problem-solving techniques such as:
- Actor analysis
- Causal modeling
- Goal trees and means-end diagrams
- Problem diagrams
- Decision support
- Score cards
This course introduces each technique and then applies it to a case. Finally, the combination of these techniques yields a logical analysis of the problem.
At a glance
- Institution: DelftX
- Subject: Business & Management
- Level: Introductory
- Prerequisites:None, apart from an open mind and the desire to discover new opportunities to get a firm grip on complex situations or a case you want to analyse.
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
What you’ll learn
- Skip What you’ll learn
- Analytically based support of decision-making, design and implementation of solutions.
- How to apply tools like actor analysis, causal modeling, goal trees and means-end diagrams, problem diagrams, uncertainty, decision support and score cards.
Duration: 5 weeks of study, 4-8 hours per week
Enroll here: edx.org/course/creative-problem-solving-and-decision-making
Decision Making: Solve Problems with Emotional Intelligence
Decision Making: Solve Problems with Emotional Intelligence ranks 7th in the list of best online problem solving courses.You are constantly solving problems and making decisions, from the decision to wake up in the morning to the decision to close your eyes and sleep at night. Every day, you are confronted with a variety of problems and decisions that necessitate a rational, thoughtful response backed up by good emotional awareness. This course is about working proactively toward solutions that will assist you in making timely decisions as you solve work problems to add value to your company and your customers. Furthermore, the skills, processes, and tools taught in this course can be applied to other areas of your life.
Good decision making entails being able to grasp problems and thoughtfully devise effective solutions. It means you can deal with situations realistically and manage emotions and impulses that may interfere with effective decision making. Along with intuition, creativity and mindfulness are essential components of problem solving. In business, intuition is a decision-making process that is frequently overlooked. When used with care, it can add richness and speed to the development of realistic solutions to problems. Critical thinking to work in an emotionally intelligent manner is an important component of decision making skills to overcome unconscious bias. This is covered in depth throughout the course.
- Identify how to make better decisions through critical thinking and creative problem solving.
Recognize and remove barriers to creativity to foster an innovative work environment producing practical solutions.
- Discover ways to move beyond familiar ways of thinking and seeing the world, and become open to new ways of listening, leading, responding, and innovating.
- Use mindfulness to evaluate all of the attributes of the different options, and make more informed decisions.
- Develop and build your emotional intelligence.
Enroll here: udemy.com/course/effective-problem-solving-and-decision-making/
Effective Problem Solving & Decision Making by University of California (Coursera)
Critical thinking is the foundation of effective problem solving and decision making. It is the application of scientific methods and logical reasoning to problems and decisions. Critical thinking allows us to avoid common stumbling blocks, test beliefs and assumptions, and correct mental distortions. Gain confidence in accurately assessing problems, evaluating alternative solutions, and anticipating potential risks. Learn how to use analysis, synthesis, and positive inquiry to solve individual and organizational problems while also developing critical thinking skills in today’s turbulent times. Examine successful models and proven methods that are easily transferable on-the-job using case studies and situations encountered by class members.
This program will teach you the techniques needed to accurately assess problems, evaluate alternative solutions, and anticipate potential risks. Use analysis, synthesis, and positive inquiry to solve individual and organizational problems and develop critical thinking skills in these turbulent times. Along with this, there are case studies, successful models, and tried-and-true methods that can be easily applied on the job.
- Choose and apply appropriate problem solving and decision-making processes and method.
- Identify common obstacles to effective questions and recognize human variable solving and decision making.
- Assess major conceptual blocks and significant situational challenges
- Apply concepts to enhancing personal development and organizational performance
- Explain the key elements and the barriers associated with them
- Pass the graded assessments and quizzes to earn the course completion certificate.
Duration: 5 hours, 4 to 8 hours per week
Enroll here: coursera.org/learn/problem-solving
Creative Problem Solving and Decision Making (edX)
Investigate complex, multi-actor systems in which one factor affects all others. For example, how innovative energy technologies integrate into the existing energy system, or how new transportation options influence current processes. Armed with this knowledge, determine whether they should be further developed, consider potential negative outcomes, and weigh associated costs.
The analytical approach – a methodology for making the problem explicit and rationalizing the various potential solutions – has proven to be very useful in making decisions. In a nutshell, analysis-based decision support, design, and implementation of solutions. This method is taught in the course Creative Problem Solving and Decision Making. All of the techniques for making informed and optimal decisions are introduced and then applied to real-world scenarios. Factor analysis, modeling, goal trees, means-end diagrams, and scorecards are among the topics and tools covered. Finally, the integration of all concepts yields a coherent analysis of the problem.
- Analytical based support of design and implementation of solutions.
- The lessons are concise and perfectly paced with interactive components which makes it easy to follow.
- The real-world examples and demonstrations make the classes much more interesting and clear.
- Plenty of assignments and exercises to practice the concepts covered in the lectures.
- Build confidence in the concepts with advice and tips from the instructors and world-renowned experts.
- Clear all the graded assignments to get the course completion badge.
- Readings and quizzes are available along with the videos to measure your grasp on the concepts.
- Enrollment is available for free and the certificate can be added for an additional fee.
Duration: 5 weeks of study, 4 to 8 hours per week
Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solving Training
This problem-solving certification will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to leverage the brain. The instructor will teach you how to analyze problems, stimulate creativity, and apply new ideas. Each topic will be thoroughly covered. The quality of your decisions determines the quality of your results. The foundation of your best decisions is a sharp and focused ability to analyze situations, people, and probabilities. These and other skills will be developed in this interactive AZTech online training course. Highly successful organizations are known for cultivating internal environments that foster innovation and creative solutions.
This highly creative, yet practical online training course explores what is involved in establishing such a business environment, and will demonstrate to delegates how to develop innovative and creative solutions to real world business problems when they return to their workplace. The core learning experience centres around a series of practical case study exercises, which will be drawn on to illustrate the key principles involved in critical thinking and innovative problem solving. It will also enable the delegates to test their knowledge and expertise.
Participants will develop the following competencies:
- Ability to use and wide range of problem-solving tools, techniques and trusted methods – individually and within a team – to make better decisions faster
- Improved skills of creativity and lateral thinking; developing these skills in others
- Learn the skills of critical thinking and how to build analytical models
- Improved problem-solving and decision making, plus the ability to communicate your thoughts, ideas and conclusions
Enroll here: aztechtraining.com/course/critical-thinking-and-creative-problem-solving-training