1. Universidad de La Habana, 2. Universidad de Oriente Santiago de Cuba, 3. Ciudad Universitaria Jose Antonio Echeverria, 4. Universidad Central Marta Abreu de Las Villas, 5. Universidad de Cienfuegos Carlos Rafael Rodríguez. Cuba has around 60 universities, all of which are public. Cuban higher education, like that of most other nations, is divided into three phases, roughly corresponding to the bachelor's, master's, and doctoral systems. The first stage normally lasts at least four years, although in some cases, such as medicine, which is one of the most popular specializations on the island, it can last up to six years. Universities are a significant priority for the Cuban government and population. The country has gained a global reputation in recent decades for its dedication to education spending. Here are some of the Best Universities in Cuba.
- Universidad de La Habana
- Universidad de Oriente Santiago de Cuba
- Ciudad Universitaria Jose Antonio Echeverria
- Universidad Central Marta Abreu de Las Villas
- Universidad de Cienfuegos Carlos Rafael Rodríguez
Universidad de La Habana
Universidad de La Habana is a university in Havana, Cuba’s capital. It is located in the Vedado area. The institution, which was founded on January 5, 1728, is the oldest in Cuba and one of the first in the Americas (the oldest, National University of San Marcos, was founded in Lima in 1551). The University of Havana, which began as a religious institution, now comprises 15 faculties (colleges) on its Havana campus and distance learning facilities throughout Cuba.
The Universidad de la Habana, Cuba’s top university, is ranked 51st in the QS Latin America University Rankings 2018, up from 59th the previous year. It was one of the first universities to be created in the Americas, having been founded in 1728 as a Catholic school. There are 16 faculties at the Universidad de la Habana, which provide programs in scientific sciences, social sciences, and humanities. There are now about 24,200 students enrolled.
Established: January 5, 1728
Location: Havana, Cuba
Universidad de Oriente Santiago de Cuba
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Economics and Management
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Faculty of Distance Education
- Faculty of Chemical Engineering
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- Faculty of Construction
- Faculty of Medicine
Location: Santiago de Cuba, Cuba
Ciudad Universitaria Jose Antonio Echeverria
The highest-ranking technical university in Cuba is Ciudad Universitaria Jose Antonio Echeverria. It was founded in 1964 and offers research degrees at the undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate levels. This university is well-known for providing the highest technical education. It has only one campus, which houses the university’s seven faculties.
The institution is divided into seven faculties and is housed on a single campus in Havana, Cuba’s capital. The brutalist architecture of the campus building is well-known. Ciudad Universitaria Jose Antonio Echeverria is one of Latin America’s top 250 universities.
Universidad Central Marta Abreu de Las Villas
The Universidad Central Marta Abreu de Las Villas was founded in 1952 and includes two campuses. One is in Santa Clara, Cuba, in the heart of the country. The Universidad de Montaa, which is located in Topes de Collantes, a nature reserve park in the Escambray Mountains, is the other, more isolated campus. There are 12 faculties and roughly 15,400 students at the university.
The Universidad Central Marta Abreu de Las Villas, which is ranked 201-250 in Latin America, offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in law, psychology, humanities, and sciences.
Its mission is to educate competent professionals in technical, agricultural, pedagogical, economic, social, humanistic, exact, and physical culture sciences through undergraduate, continuous improvement, and postgraduate education, based on the development of science, technology, and innovation, with quality, integrality, and patriotism, in order to meet the demand of the central region and the country in general, for which it has adequate facilities and a human capital, in order to meet the demand of the central region and the country in general.
Location: Santa Clara
Universidad de Cienfuegos Carlos Rafael Rodríguez
The picturesque city of Cienfuegos, often known as La Perla del Sur, is home to the Universidad de Cienfuegos Carlos Rafael Rodrguez (The Pearl of the South). Those who opt to study in Cuba at this university will be able to combine a high-quality education with the island’s magnificent tropical beaches on the southern coast.
The Universidad de Cienfuegos Carlos Rafael Rodrguez was founded in 1970 and is now one of Latin America’s top 300 universities.