1. The Weather Channel, 2. AccuWeather, 3. Weather Underground, 4. World Weather Online, 5. Ventusky, 6. Windy, 7. SAT24. Weather forecasting is considered a science and technology application to predict in advance the current and upcoming weather in many different geographical locations. Weather forecasting has been developed since time immemorial, thanks to the advancement of modern society, scientific researchers have created many methods for users to access weather forecasts quickly and conveniently more convenient and accurate in many locations around the world. In particular, the weather forecast website is one of the fastest ways for you to know the weather conditions in the places you are about to go. The following article will share with you the latest information about "Best Weather Forecast Websites".
The Weather Channel
The Weather Channel or TWC for short is an American pay television channel headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, and which is owned by Weather Group. The channel’s headquarters are in Atlanta, Georgia. Launched in 1982, The Weather Channel specializes in broadcasting weather forecasts, news, weather-related analysis, and entertainment-related programs weather. On the other hand, according to statistics in 2018, The Weather Channel has more than 79,188 million households subscribed to a pay-TV service in the United States.
To see the weather at The Weather Channel, you just need to enter the location, the website will immediately display a basic forecast of the weather situation there for the day, including high and low temperature, rain, wind, degree humidity, dew point, pressure, visibility, sun, and moon information. You can also view more detailed forecasts including hourly, monthly, weekend, 5-day, or 10-day forecasts, so you can preview weather warnings for your upcoming trips.
Advantages of The Weather Channel:
- Provides weather forecasts on temperature, humidity, precipitation, wind, clouds, pressure, visibility, UV index,… every hour of the day and can forecast the weather for the next 48 hours, Next 10 days.
- Provides air quality-related indicators.
- Supports most languages in the world.
- Nice interface, easy to use.
Number of employees: 1.0-5.0K
Refer to: https://www.owler.com/company/weather
Source: Cord Cutters News
Source: The Weather Channel
AccuWeather Inc. was founded in 1962 by Joel N. Myers, AccuWeather provides commercial weather forecasting services worldwide through multimedia. The company is headquartered in Ferguson Township and has offices in the US, Montreal, Japan, Beijing, Korea, and India. AccuWeather’s major customers include partners in the media, corporate, government, and more than 500 Fortune companies and more globally. In 2015, AccuWeather was rated by 3rd party web analysts Alexa and SimilarWeb as the 200th most visited website in the US. The company is also the regular weather provider for Bloomberg Television.
Advantages of AccuWeather:
- Provide full weather information including current weather situation, hour by hour for the next 72 hours and forecast for the next 90 days, detailed temperature parameters, sunny situation rain, humidity, wind speed, UV index,…
- There is the ability to forecast the rain of the day on the start and end time and the rainfall forecast can be updated to the minute in two hours.
- Provide warnings about bad weather to take timely response measures.
- Support many different languages in the world
Number of employees: 100+ Expert meteorologists on staff
Refer to: https://corporate.accuweather.com/
Source: The Verge
Weather Underground was launched to the public in 1993, the company has created products to improve people’s access to meaningful weather data from around the world. Weather Underground knows that users’ trending data is consumed on the small screen of a mobile phone, so they have invested a lot of time and energy into the design of products across all digital platforms to help users access the most specific and fast weather data.
Advantages of Weather Underground:
- Detailed weather forecast including information on temperature, humidity, precipitation, wind, clouds, pressure, visibility, UV index,… hourly.
- The ability to forecast weather and climate daily, for the next 10 days, and the next 1 month.
- Provides notifications on air quality, flu outbreaks, and earthquakes.
- There is a huge community of more than 180000 weather enthusiasts worldwide, providing Weather Underground with weather data from the individual weather stations where they live, making the weather news more accurate.
Number of employees: 250,000+
Refer to: https://www.wunderground.com/about/our-company
Source: Weather Underground
Source: Opera add-ons
World Weather Online
World Weather Online is dedicated to providing global weather forecasts and weather content for websites, businesses, and the travel industry. The company created World Weather Online from the passion of the founders for the weather, climate, and the environment and wanted to share the most practical things in life with more people. World Weather Online weather model also is run along with other meteorological models like European Center for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts, World Meteorological Organization, NASA weather satellite imagery, NOAA GFS2 model, and JMA model for research and training purposes and deliver the most accurate weather forecast possible.
Number of employees: 25-100
Refer to: https://www.owler.com/company/worldweatheronline
Source: Everyday Health
Source: World Weather Online
The Ventusky web application has been developed in collaboration with Marek Mojzík and Martin Prantl. The name Ventusky is a combination of two words including the Latin word, Ventus, which means wind, and the second is the English word, Sky. Ventusky is a Czech meteorological company based in Pilsen, focusing on weather prediction and meteorological data visualization. The company was founded in 2006 in the Czech Republic.
A hurricane in the Atlantic can influence the distribution of pressure formations in Europe. Unfortunately, it may even make its way to Europe itself as a post-tropical storm. For weather forecasting, the Ventusky application allows for the illustration of the interdependence of the entire system, displaying the development of pressure, wind, cloud cover, precipitation, and temperature on the map. Another advantage, the Ventusky application is accessible to anyone around the world, aimed at improving awareness about meteorological events in our atmosphere.
Number of employees: 11 – 50
Refer to: https://www.similarweb.com/website/ventusky.com/#overview
Windy is a company providing interactive weather forecasting services worldwide, established in 2014 in the Czech Republic. With a simple, easy-to-use interface, the Windy website gives you complete information about the necessary weather parameters where you are or anywhere in the world you want to know. To create a small and fast weather forecasting website that would be accessible in the most remote locations. Windy was created and is inspired by a version of the Swiss company Meteoblue and another project called “Earth”.
Advantages of Windy:
- Provides detailed information about weather, temperature, dew point, pressure, amount of cloud, precipitation, … by an hour of the day.
- It is possible to forecast the weather for the next day and the next 10 days.
- Some webcams help observe the actual weather conditions in certain places.
- There is a 3D weather forecast model to help observe the weather vividly.
- Monitor and update information on ongoing storms and tropical depressions.
Number of employees: <25
Refer to: https://www.owler.com/company/windy
The Sat24 Weather provides the best real-time satellite information for Europe and other continents, updates every 5 minutes, and displays the content as high-resolution images. The app also provides several real-time rain radars for countries like Germany, the Netherlands, UK, and France including radar forecasts.
Advantages of The Sat24 Weather:
- Provide basic information about weather situation, climate (temperature, rain, wind, pressure, humidity…) every hour
- Provide warnings about bad weather, storms, air quality,…
- Information is updated continuously every 5 minutes
- Provides weather information for major cities in the world such as Germany, Netherlands, UK, and France.
- There is a 3D weather forecast mode to help observe the weather vividly.
- Monitor and update information on ongoing storms and tropical depressions.
Number of employees: Unknown