1. Sapporo, 2. Asahi, 3. Kirin, 4. Hitachino, 5. Suntory, 6. Orion, 7. Kawaba, 8. Echigo, 9. Hideji, 10. Yona Yona Ale. You are looking to learn more about beers to buy for grandparents, parents, and colleagues on the big holidays. Then you should not give up beer brands from Japan. Toplist will summarize information about the most famous beer brands that Japan has produced for the world market.
Sapporo Breweries Limited is a Japanese brewery established in 1876. It has the highest beer consumption rate in Japan, along with major competitors such as Asahi and Kirin. The product that everyone knows well is the Sapporo Premium line. This is a great beer for any time of the year. The fresh taste, fragrant hops, and lack of heavy alcohol added to the luxurious exterior style with a platinum silver layer have won awards for this beer.
When you go with colleagues or customers, you can offer them Sapporo beer because it is a great accompaniment to the meal. And the taste is better if you put a little ice in it, but even if you drink it whole, the taste can’t fade, and it still leaves a refreshing feeling for you.
In the world market, Sapporo is considered to have a high packaging index and sales volume, surprising the world’s beer experts. You can buy it on any reputable website because the production quantity of Sapporo is always very large. Since its establishment, the Sapporo brand has grown in popularity and developed like a tornado that has invaded the world beer market.
- Founded: 1876
- Headquarters: Tokyo, Japan
- Website: https://www.sapporobeer.jp/
- Number of ratings: 4,634 stars
- Number of ratings links: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/284/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sapporobeer
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SapporoBeer
- Followers on Facebook: 225,548 Followers
- Followers on Twitter: 675,5K Followers
Image via https://twitter.com/SapporoBeer
Asahi, established in 1889 in Osaka, is a large corporation producing beer with the most novel flavors from Japan. In terms of sales, Asahi has a 34% market share in Japan and a 3% market share in the world. In 1892, after completing his research, Asahi launched “Super Dry,” the first dry beer with a crisp, fresh taste that stimulates all the senses and makes you feel comfortable and refreshed.
Asahi always produces beer with a sharp taste and high alcohol content. While most of Asahi’s beer is light beer, the outside is covered with a white silver layer along with the name of its distinctive brand in the Japanese beer market in particular and the world in general. The distinctive dry taste has attracted many audiences to enjoy, buy, and use it. Some other samples of Asahi are Asahi dark beer, Asahi Z (dry beer), Asahi Gold (lager), Asahi Black (lager), and Asahi Prime Time (pilsner).
- Founded: 1889
- Headquarters: Sumida, Tokyo, Japan
- Website: https://www.asahibeer.co.jp/
- Number of ratings: 2,701stars
- Number of ratings links: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/716/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/asahibeer.japan
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/asahibeer_jp
- Followers on Facebook: 384,813 Followers
- Followers Twitter: 1,7M Followers
Image by Beaumont Yun via unsplash.com
Image by Jocelyn Morales via unsplash.com
Japan Brewery Company, the predecessor of Kirin, was founded in 1885. In 1907, Japan Brewery Company changed its name to Kirin Brewery, continuing to maintain high standards in ensuring the best malts and hops as well as investment in facilities.
Kirin is still the brand that ranks at the top of the best beers in Japan and European style when it always shows an animal on the product label.
- Founded: 1885
- Headquarters: Nakano, Tokyo, Japan
- Website: https://www.kirin.co.jp/alcohol/beer/ichiban/
- Number of ratings: 3,173 starts
- Number of ratings link: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/292/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kirinbeer.hk
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kirin_Company
- Followers Facebook: 44,380 Followers
- Followers Twitter: 1,4M Followers
Image by Paula Holmes via https://twitter.com/kirinichiban_eu
Image by KIRIN ICHIBAN via https://twitter.com/kirinichiban_eu
Hitachino beer brand produced by Kiuchi Brewery was born in 1823. Hitachino is just a small business, but the technique of making beer with Japanese flavor is second to none.
Hitachino has an alcohol content of 5% to 7%, the beer taste will have orange, coffee, and vanilla characteristics for each product. Hitachino has a mild spicy taste and stimulates the taste buds in a wonderful and unique way. The outside is decorated with an owl mascot with a very cute nameplate with a 60-70s vibe with unusually distorted lines and patterns.
Hitachino is produced on a small scale, so it is difficult for foreigners to buy, once you try Hitachino beer, you will be surprised by the fresh fruit flavor and creative combination of Hitachino’s special flavors. Hitachino products such as Hitachino Nest Espresso Stout, Hitachino Nest White Ale, Sakura Stout, Yuzu Lager and Lager.
- Founded: 1823
- Headquarters: Kounosu, Japan
- Website: https://hitachino.cc/tw/beer/
- Number of ratings: 7,287 stars
- Number of ratings link: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/697/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kiuchibreweryJP/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/kiuchibrewery
- Followers Facebook: 12K Followers
- Followers Twitter: 9,156 Followers
Image via https://www.facebook.com/kiuchibreweryJP/
Suntory was founded in 1899 by Shinjiro Torii, headquartered in Osaka, Japan. Suntory started with the production of Whisky and as Suntory’s whisky gradually grew in the world market, Suntory further researched the production of beer, especially malt beers. Suntory always strives to produce beer with high-quality natural underground water to bring the freshest and cleanest taste in Japan.
After that, Suntory uses water to make beer and barley, malt, and other fruits to make more new beers. The outer shell is designed quite simply, not as prominent as the whisky bottles. You can choose the shape of a bottle or a can of beer. In addition, Suntory has affixed the “Made in Natural Water Beer Plants” logo to all beer products and beer-flavored beverages sold in Japan.
Suntory is famous for its Hop’s Draft, The Premium Malt’s Master’s Dream, All-Free, and Suntory Beer Ball beer lines. All have their taste like sugar-free, alcohol-free, malt, fruity, and even soda. Suntory always innovates the nature of each beer produced, making consumers feel satisfied and trusted.
- Founded: 1899
- Headquarters: Osaka, Japan
- Website: https://www.suntory.com/business/beer/
- Number of ratings: 350 stars
- Number of ratings link: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/865/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/suntoryglobal
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SuntoryGlobal
- Followers Facebook: 694,092 Followers
- Followers Twitter: 51,9K Followers
Image via https://www.facebook.com/suntoryglobal
Orion is a Japanese beer brand founded in 1957 by Sosei Gushiken, based in Okinawa, Japan. Orion is the proud work of Okinawans because it is like their dream constellation.
The taste of Orion beers is varied fruity, high carbonation, and cooling sensation in hot regions. A concentration of 5%, but not too strong, Orion’s outer packaging is quite ordinary with no accents but it is beer from Japan’s historic islands. Orion is currently difficult to find in the foreign market because it has not been linked to many distributors.
Orion products such as Orion The Premium, Orion The Draft, Orion 75Beer Saigon, 75Beer Craft Lager, and Orion 75Beer IPA.
- Founded: 1957
- Headquarters: Okinawa, Japan
- Website: https://www.orionbeer.co.jp/
- Number of ratings: 451 stars
- Number of ratings link: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2550/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/orionbeer/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/orionbeer_info
- Followers Facebook: 13,071 Followers
- Followers Twitter: 252,5K Followers
Image via https://www.facebook.com/orionbeer/
Kawaba is a small village of Gunma, Japan, located at the southern foot of Mount Hotaka – one of the holiest mountains in Japan. Kawaba is basically the pure substance of pure spring water that gives beer its pleasant mild flavor.
Kawaba has many beer names and many flavors for each beer such as “Snow Weizen” which has a clear taste that melts in the taste buds when tasting each drop of beer, “Sunrise Ale” which has a sweet malt taste like dried fruit in the sun when the sun rises, “Pearl Pilsner” a beer reminiscent of golden rice flavor, “Twilight Ale” brings a senset of relaxation reminiscent of the stillness of the sunset in Kawaba village.
The packaging of each Kawaba beer is very beautiful as the white packaging of “Snow Weizen” is eminds reminiscent of the melting snow symbolizing the coming spring, the red packaging of “Sunrise Ale” gives the feeling of visiting Kawaba village, the yellow color of “Pearl Pilsner” represents the ripe rice season, and the blue color of “Twilight Ale” represents the late afternoon in Kawaba village.
- Founded: 1998
- Headquarters: Kawaba, Gunma, Japan
- Website: https://kawababeer.com/
- Number of ratings: 120 starts
- Number of ratings link: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/23623/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KawabaBeer
- Followers Facebook: 21K Followers
Image via https://www.facebook.com/KawabaBeer/
Echigo will often design packaging based on the characteristics that beer brings. In addition, now Echigo also has the creativity in brewing beer that is combining dried fruit with hops to increase the aroma of beer. Products such as “Citra Strata IPA” with a floral style with British nuances, “Apple and Herb Smile Ale” – a light and beautiful sweet beer using apple juice and herbs, “Black Tea Fragrant India Pale Ale” with rich ingredients, delicate black tea. If you want to try Japanese beer, you should not ignore the Echigo brand with the price that must match the quality of the product offered.
- Founded: 1993
- Headquarters: Niigata, Japan
- Website: https://echigobeer.com/
- Number of ratings: 636 stars
- Number of ratings link: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/5046/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/echigobeer
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/echigo_beer
- Followers Facebook: 15K Followers
- Followers Twitter: 6,629 Followers
Image via https://www.facebook.com/echigobeer
Hideji was born in 1996 with the small beer industry and in 2010 founded Hideji Miyazaki Beer Co., Ltd., headquartered in Miyazaki, Kyushu. With the location of the factory located at the foot of Mukabaki mountain, possessing a rich natural environment, Hideji beer is used pure water to ferment and create a characteristic flavor with high quality, in order to develop beer culture in Japan.
Hideji’s beer has a fresh, mellow taste of barley combined with an orange flavor that makes you feel like you’re in a green forest. Most Hideji beer uses malt ingredients that make it different from other beers in Japan.
Hideji includes beer samples such as Hyuga Summer fruit beer, Hideji Kyushu Lager, Yahazu, Kuruguro, Miyazaki Mango Lager, Pale Ale and Kyushu CRAFT Hyuga Natsu.
- Founded: 1996
- Headquarters: Miyazaki, Kyushu, Japan
- Website: https://hideji-beer.jp/
- Number of ratings: 82 stars
- Number of ratings link: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/13096/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HIDEJIBEER/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/hidejibeer
- Followers on Facebook: 4,973 Followers
- Followers on Twitter: 2,136 Followers
Image via https://www.facebook.com/HIDEJIBEER/
Yona Yona Ale
Yona Yona Ale is an American brand of APA-style beer produced by Yo-Ho Brewing Company based in Nagano, Kitasaga, Japan. This is a craft beer brewed with premium Cascade hops, exuding a light sweet aroma and a hint of bitterness. Yona Yona Ale creates beer with aromas that will linger on the taste and smell, making you feel refreshed and relaxed when sipping this beer.
In addition to hops, there are also malt ingredients that combine to create a perfect and balanced combination of beer flavors typical for the brand. Since this is a Japanese craft beer, it has a lighter alcohol content than the US Yona Yona Ale. Besides, Yona Yona Ale is easier to find in the Japanese market than in the US. Because this is also a rare beer, the price in Japan including tax is quite high, but if you are a beer connoisseur, don’t hesitate to try Yona Yona Ale beer.
- Founded: 1996
- Headquarters: Nagano, Kitasaga, Japan
- Website: https://yonayonaale.com/en/
- Number of ratings: 182 starts
- Number of ratings link: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/3553/10429/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yonayonaale/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/yohobrewing
- Followers on Facebook: 64,964 Followers
- Followers on Twitter: 132K Followers
Image via https://www.facebook.com/yonayonaale/